DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) technique is the process of removing hair from the donor area by means of special pens and placing it in the area to be transplanted. The hair taken from the donor area is placed in the area to be transplanted in a short time like 1-2 minutes by means of special pens. Since the metal apparatuses where the operation is applied can apply root insertion and channel opening at the same time, the process is performed in a short time. DHI hair transplant technique is performed using local anesthesia and is a painless treatment method. DHI technique, which is frequently preferred in hair transplantation recently, applies a correct and beneficial treatment method.
How is the DHI Technique Applied?
- In the DHI hair transplant technique, the hair strands taken from the donor area are placed inside the special pen (metal apparatus) where the transplantation will be made.
- The placed hair is transplanted to the area at 40-45 degrees. At this stage of the method, placing the hair in the right direction provides an advantage for a natural appearance.
- The transplantation process is carried out with different sizes of heads determined according to the hair follicles and hair structure of the person being treated.
What are the Advantages of DHI Hair Transplant Technique?
- In the DHI hair transplant technique, the healing phase is also short, as a painless and cut-free procedure is performed with metal apparatus.
- Metal attachments resembling a pencil can transplant too many hair follicles at the same time, so the hair does not lose its natural appearance.
- DHI hair transplantation technique is complementary and not all hair is expected to be lost before the procedure can be applied. In this way, new hair can be achieved without losing the existing hair.
- The DHI technique is frequently preferred by women as it is complementary and does not cause loss of existing hair.
- The probability of retention of the transplanted hair follicles is much higher thanks to the developing technology.
- Since no cut is applied in the DHI procedure, there is no scar in the area.
Is DHI Hair Transplant Technique Suitable for Everyone?
The suitability of the technique for everyone has been researched at Kyungpook National University in Korea where the method is located and it has been concluded that it is not suitable for everyone.
It is thought that the DHI hair transplant method will damage the hair follicles with curled and thin strands during transplantation. However, in later times, considering this situation, implanter pen suitable for every hair type was produced. Implanter pens used today have a width of 0.64-1.00 mm. Today, with the development of technology and science, hair transplantation procedures are carried out safely.
What is the Difference of DHI Method from FUE Method?
- In the DHI technique, an intensive transplantation can be performed in a short time in hair transplantation in narrower areas.
- One of the most important differences of the DHI method is that there is no need for shaving in the area to be transplanted.
- In the DHI method, the transplantation process takes place again within about 2 minutes after the hair follicles are taken from the donor area and there is no waiting outside the body. In this way, damage to the hair follicles is prevented.